When you would like to import data into your SwiftComply database, there are a few helpful steps to follow:
1. Make sure the file you want to upload is in CSV format
2. Use our sample CSVs to accurately name the default headings of your columns so files can be transferred correctly.
For example, if importing a list of establishments, the Establishment Name column should simply be titled "Name" not "Establishment Name" for proper import.
3. If importing any custom properties, match the column headings to the internal name for the file.
To find the internal name of a custom property navigate to Account>Settings>Properties and click on the grey pencil icon next to the custom property you are importing data into. The first name will be the "Label" and the second field is the "Internal Name". The internal name should be used in your CSV. Make sure to copy all capitalization, underscores, and spacings accurately.
**Also note, columns can't be imported that do not exist in your SwiftComply system yet.
4. Capitalization does affect the import, so be aware to match the capitalization both from the sample CSV and the internal file names from any custom properties.
5. When uploading your CSV first navigate to the section you're uploading to, and select 'Import'
6. There is one section to upload the CSV and then there is a type dropdown and you can either 'Validate' or 'Process' we strongly suggest validating your data before processing it for real.
If there are any issues with your data the system will list the Rows affected making it easier to make changes.
7. We suggest trying to upload a single piece of data first, to ensure all of your column headings are correct, and to ensure the data presents correctly once its uploaded into the system.
For example, if importing a list of new establishments, try to upload just a single establishment first, then check that establishment in the system and confirm that everything looks correct.
8. All looks good? Then go ahead and import your data! Having issues? Try troubleshooting according to the tips listed in this document, and if you're still having troubles emails us at email@example.com and let us know! We'll do what we can to help you as quickly as possible.