Access: City Regulators
Overview: A few helpful steps to follow when importing data into your SwiftComply database.
Data may be imported to Establishments, GCDs, Providers, Contacts, FSE Permits, and Pump Outs. The import process is the same for all.
1. Make sure the file you want to upload is in .csv format.
2. Ensure you've accurately named the default headings of your columns so files can be transferred correctly. For example, if importing a list of establishments, the Establishment Name column should simply be titled "Name" not "Establishment Name" for proper import.
3. If importing any custom properties, match the column headings to the internal name for the property.
To find the internal name of a custom property, navigate to Settings > Properties, choose the property type, and click on the name of the custom property you are importing data into. The first name will be the "Label" and the second field is the "Internal Name". The internal name should be used in your file. Make sure to copy all capitalization, underscores, and spacings accurately. Capitalization affects the import.
NOTE: Columns can't be imported that do not exist in your SwiftComply system yet.
5. When uploading your CSV file, first navigate to the section you're uploading to from the top navigation bar ('Establishments' in the example below), and select Import.
6. On the left, you can select your CSV file to upload, and on the right there is a dropdown menu under 'Type', where you can select 'Validate' or 'Process'. We strongly suggest validating your data before processing it for real.
If there are any issues with your data, the system will list the rows affected making it easier to make changes.
7. We suggest trying to upload a single piece of data first, to ensure all of your column headings are correct, and to ensure the data presents correctly once its uploaded into the system.
For example, if importing a list of new establishments, try to upload just a single establishment first, then check that establishment in the system and confirm that everything looks correct.
8. All looks good? Then go ahead and import your data!
Having issues? Try troubleshooting according to the tips listed in this document, and if you're still having troubles emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! We'll do what we can to help you as quickly as possible.
Please sign in to leave a comment.